It is here that we want to provide you with the necessary resources to make the best decisions about your health. We will post useful information, helpful links, and commentaries on issues relating to healthy living. The media does an excellent job at providing contradictory and incomplete information, which can have a paralyzing effect — causing some to do nothing for fear of doing wrong. For example, one headline will tout the benefits of coffee, and the next will link caffeine to cancer. Another will promote the benefits of supplemental vitamins, and this will be followed by a story suggesting most supplements pass through our systems without being absorbed. We will help you to make sense of issues such as these. If you are interested in having an email notice when new information is posted, submit your name and email address by selecting email notices.
- Why Omega-3 fatty acids are important [PDF]
This gives a brief overview of why research in several areas of health and wellness is touting the benefits of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Omega- 3 research [website]
This is the most comprehensive collection of omega research that I have come upon.
- Nordic Naturals [website]
Nordic Naturals is our recommended brand for omega-3 supplements. On their website you will learn not only why their products are exceptional, but also more about the health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids.
Vitamins and Minerals
- Why a Multivitamin & Mineral Matters [PDF]
This is a brief overview of research supporting the use of a multivitamin & mineral supplement and includes a recommendation of a high quality and cost effective brand.
- Zinc to reduce cold symptoms [PDF]
This explains how and when zinc supplementation may help reduce cold symptoms
- The Inflammation-Free Diet Plan [book & website]
This is my top recommendation for self-help diet books. Though when followed closely you are bound to lose weight, it is more about eating for better health, for everyone. Though it is titled Inflammation-Free, in addition to factoring in the important but under-recognized inflammatory value of different foods, Monica Reinagel considers what we believe are the other two keys to healthy eating: nutritional value and sugar content (glycemic index).
- Posture [PDF]
- Proper performance of ADLs[PDF]
For your body
- Healthy living [PDF]
- Neck & Shoulder ROM [PDF]
For your brain
- NeuroNation [website]
Personalized brain training exercises (paid subscription)
- Lumosity [website]
Exercise your brain with cognative games (paid subscription)
- Healthy Living Tips for Various Conditions and Activities [website]
- Medical Dictionary [website]
- Merck Manual (description of medical conditions) [website]
- National Center for Complimentary and Alternative Medicine [website]
Product Name: X-FLM
- Maker: Apex Energetics Nutritional Complexes
- Use: Provides nutritional support during inflammatory responses such as arthritis, tissue injuries, asthma, allergies, colds, etc.
- How: The ingredients used provide a rich source of antioxidants and support the TH-2 (inflammatory) immune response.
- Ingredients: Pine bark extract, grape seed extract, green tea extract, resveratrol, and pycnogenol.
Endorsement: This product came highly recommended by other doctors and is produced by one of the leaders in nutritional supplementation. Rather than treating only symptoms (like antihistamine products), X-FLM contains nutritional ingredients that support your immune system to fight the foreign invaders.
Feedback from the first few patients was positive, but I was anxious for personal experience before fully endorsing X-FLM. I began getting a cold one afternoon, started a regimen of 2 capsules 3x/day, and within 3 days felt 100%, cutting the typical course of my colds by 50%!
Though I realize there is a higher cost associated with higher quality products (more costly raw materials and processing), I had reservations about the cost of the product ($55 for 90 capsules). Saving 2.5 days of productivity and feeling good has made this a non-issue.